This cloth is hand printed combining the expertise of artisanal hands with more than a decade of experience, ethically produced 100% Natural organic cotton and aeshaane's contemporary hand block prints, thereby making duplication nearly impossible. Besides earning a fair income from their work, the artisans also have a sense of belonging, a place they can call their own, that gives them a life filled with love, pride and dignity, where they can benefit from being together as a community. From hand dyeing to block printing, the processing is labour intensive and can take several days to make. Meet the makers here.
At aeshaane, our artisans
- Have a safe and flexible working environment
- Encouragement to use their own creativity
- Ability to work remotely or from home
- Integration into an uplifting community
- Dignified work where their voices are heard
- Options to participate in workshops and other training programs
WORKSHOP: These zero waste cloth wraps are handmade at aeshaane's in-house workshop in a small village in Bengal, India where our artisans share our values and produce in a fair way. We celebrate all that is slow, ethical and does not harm the people, animals or planet. To know more, click on Behind the scenes.